Anglian Water Services has awarded five year frameworks for the supply of WITS-DNP3 outstations to multiple vendors. The frameworks cover the supply of telemetry outstations for the following asset types –
- Lot 1: Compact data logger/outstation suitable to monitor infrastructure assets e.g. District Metering, Pressure and CSO’s
- Lot 2: Compact outstation for monitoring small non-infrastructure assets e.g. Private Pumping Stations
- Lot 3: Expandable outstation for monitoring medium to large infrastructure assets e.g. Water and Water Recycling treatment works
One of the key strategic aims of the tender selection process was to provide Anglian Water with the ability to award multiple frameworks across each of the three lots. This approach will enable Anglian Water to receive the benefits of innovation and flexibility to select the most appropriate outstation to meet specific business requirement ensuring the best product is selected. A total of five vendors have been awarded frameworks –
- Technolog – Lot 1
- Metasphere – Lot 1&2
- Servelec – Lot 2&3
- Schneider – Lot 2&3
- Brodersen – Lot 3
These new framework enables Anglian Water Services to address a number of challenges and strategic aims:
- The adoption of WITS-DNP3 allows Anglian Water to de-risk the reliance on propriety legacy vendor specific protocols.
- Having multiple suppliers on board means we’ve introduced true commercial competition and as such predicting significant savings in CAPEX spend over the term of the frameworks.
- The flexible approach means we can adjust the amount of business we allocate to each supplier based not only on cost but also against technological and operations innovations.
- WITS-DNP3 allows Anglian Water to implement security measures aligned to CPNI best practice guidelines
Anglian Water Services hopes the award of multiple frameworks will enable a collaborate approach from vendors to drive the WITS protocol forward.