A breakthrough in developing WITS certified Field Devices
The Committee recognises that, to date, developing and testing a WITS Field Device for self-certification has sometimes proved difficult and costly due to the lack of suitable Master Station test software.
We are delighted to announce that two of our Master Station vendors – Servelec Systems and Schneider Electric – now offer development / test Master Station licences to WITS third party Field Device manufacturers.
Using a verified Master Station as an alternative test environment for development and initial testing enables Field Device vendors to more quickly develop, more thoroughly test and self-certify their products before formal verification. Testing with the same Master Stations that customers use means that successful verification is much more certain and development costs can be more accurately predicted. This will especially assist our smaller vendor members who have limited development budgets.
These test Master Station licenses are intended to assist vendors up to the Self Certification process. The formal Verification process – with the co-operation of two Master Station vendors – can be considered as the next stage after Self Certification, if desired.
We have always strived to make it easier for vendors to produce WITS certified products. The Committee believes that this is a big step forward in achieving this goal.
Details of these offers follow:
Servelec Systems Offer:
- SCOPE-X based WITS v1.2 test/development licence to third party RTU manufacturers – Price £8,000 excluding VAT.
- Dongle based security that is limited to 12 months operation.
- Licence includes instruction on how to set-up the SCOPE VM and WITS test instruction set.
- Will run as VM on a Windows PC.
- Price includes 10 hours telephone support to licence holder.
- Additional support available to licence holder at £1,000 per man-day or part thereof excluding VAT.
- Upgrade available (bug fixes or next version) after 12 months for £3,000 excluding VAT to the original licence holder only.
- Licence holder completion of testing (Self-Certify) does not give authentication as a SCOPE allowed/supported device. To provide SCOPE authentication will require a Servelec Systems test per device type priced at £12,000 excluding VAT.
The software is licensed in accordance with the Software Licence Agreement (SCOPE-X WITS Test Environment) SE072-1 and all services shall be supplied in accordance with the Servelec Systems Terms and Conditions for Engineering Services SE032-1. Details upon application.
Schneider Electric Offer
ClearSCADA Master Station WITS Test Licence
Schneider Electric Ltd offers a ClearSCADA temporary test licence with WITS driver providing the following:
- ClearSCADA Server and one Client Licence included for up to 5,000 points
- Warranty for 24 months includes upgrades to latest versions.
- Driver for WITS Version 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3
- Valid for 24 months from the date of purchase, after which it will cease to function until a renewal WITS test license is purchased.
- If support for later WITS versions are released, or fault fixes for WITS are released within the support period they will be provided for download.
- ClearSCADA, DNP3 and the WITS driver are documented in the software with online help, which will be enhanced from the 2015 release of ClearSCADA.
- Includes 3 days telephone and email support during normal working hours
- Additional support may be purchased.
- Schneider Electric will record time spent during support activities.
The ClearSCADA software will be provided on a disc with a USB License Dongle. The dongle must be returned to Schneider Electric if replacement is required. This will require ClearSCADA to be installed on a physical server, not a virtual server.
This offer is available to be utilised by third party Field Device manufacturers to develop and test their WITS devices up to and including Self Certification status.
It would also enable third party Field Device manufacturers to pre-test WITS devices prior to Verification testing.
Scope of Supply
The current released/supported version of ClearSCADA will be provided (at the time of writing this is: SCADA Expert ClearSCADA 2014 R1).
Operating system requirements:
- Windows 8.1 (Professional edition, 32 or 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (Professional edition, 32 or 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (Professional edition, 32 or 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2012 Release 2 (64 bit, Standard and Datacenter editions)
- Windows Server 2012 (64 bit, Standard and Datacenter editions)
- Windows Server 2008 Release 2 (64 bit, Standard and Enterprise editions)
ClearSCADA drivers included:
- DNP3, including Secure Authentication v2
- WITS version 1.3 (Supports 1.1 and 1.2 also).
- Logic – for the design and deployment of server-side programs/sequences
- Random – creates random and waveform data for use by Logic
The latter two drivers may be used to assist in testing. Additionally a data access capability will be provided to enable data to be retrieved from ClearSCADA using ODBC (SQL).
Telephone and email support will be provided during the standard working hours of 8:30 AM to 4:45 PM Monday to Thursday, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM Friday, not including company observed holidays.
For effective assistance on WITS support issues Schneider Electric Ltd will expect the first line investigation to be carried out by the third party Field Device manufacturer and to be presented to Schneider Electric Ltd in the form of a commentary along with supporting evidence from ClearSCADA driver and communications logs. Advice will be given as to how to take these logs.
Conditions of Sale
This offer is subject to Schneider Electric Ltd latest terms & conditions of sale.
The ClearSCADA WITS test licence (24 months duration) and support are offered for the price of £10,000.00.
Renewal price for the ClearSCADA WITS test licence is offered at £3,000.00 for each 12 months period in continuation.
Additional telephone and email support at £75.00 per hour, minimum purchase 4 hours.
Site support rate at £750.00 per day (7.5 hours including travel time). Accommodation, if applicable at cost plus 15%.
Self certification by Field Device manufacturers does not constitute the device having ClearSCADA authentication. Please contact us if this service is required.
All prices exclude VAT.
In case of an order being placed, no binding contract will exist until you have received our official order acknowledgement.
It is anticipated that ex-works delivery will be achieved in 3 weeks from receipt of order and adequate instructions to proceed. This delivery is subject to confirmation at the time of placing the order. Delivery is further subject to the receipt of full and final information according to a schedule agreed at the commencement of the Contract
Extent of Supply
Our offer covers only for the supply of equipment and services detailed in this specification. Where this document explicitly contradicts any statement in an earlier document it supersedes that earlier document.
Terms of Payment
Payment is 100% on availability for ex-works delivery subject to establishment of an account with Schneider Electric Ltd.
Please send enquiries to Stephen Grant – Key Account Manager – WWW Segment